From Tyrel's Wiki
Notes from a friend on making Kombucha.
- Brew 8 tea bags to 1 gallon (spring) water (minus maybe 2 cups)
- Dissolve 1 cup cane sugar in hot tea (per gallon)
- Cool to room temperature and add to glass container with SCOBY
- Ferment at roughly 70° F out of direct light covered with cloth and rubber band (can moisten cloth with vinegar to prevent mold)
- Wait 1 to 3 weeks (10 days is good?)
- Bottle kombucha with up to 10% (volume?) fruit or juice or whatever
- Reserve 2 cups for next batch!
- Store at cellar temperature in the dark for 3 to 7 days (or until carbonated)
- Refrigerate and drink within 2 months